Shiirleyy's Bookshelf has migrated to Dear Shirley ! I will continue to post book reviews but there will also be a lot of personal and travel-related posts :)

In My Mailbox #15- The Birthday Edition :)

3 Dec 2011

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by The Story Siren, which allows bloggers to share what books they've borrowed, received in the mail or bought in the past week.

Soo...I was lazy and couldn't be bothered to do an IMM last week, so this one will be a two week /Birthday Edition! (Yes, it was my birthday a few days ago ;P) I have to say, this year has got to be one of the best in terms of presents! Without further ado, here's what I got for review/as presents for the last two weeks...

Last week:

From Publishers:
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi ( A huge thanks to Pier9 [Murdoch Books]!)
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGG I said I'd start reading this yesterday, but I was too caught up reading another book, BUT I WILL START THIS SOON. I WILL. 

The Way We Fall by Megan Crewe (Thank you Murdoch Books!)
Haven't heard too much about this, but it's DYSTOPIAN and therefore a must-read! (I'm completely obsessed with Dystopian books so anything dystopian automatically goes on my TBR list!)

Dearly Departed by Lia Habel (Thank you Random House Australia!) 
DYSTOPIAN. ZOMBIES. Need I say more? I'm still debating whether I like this cover more or the US one...ahh well..let's just settle on both!

Bought:
[When I say 'bought' I actually mean PRESENTS, just that I bought them online but with my parent's money...so it's like a birthday present!] 

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins 
I read this a while ago and ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT. It's definitely one of my faves this year! ST. CLAIR *drools* 

Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez 
This one's about musicians (violinists), which is refreshing since all I've been reading for the past few months are paranormal romance/dystopians. (Not that I'm complaining!) Maybe after reading this, I'll fall in love with my piano again, and resume my piano lessons :P

Won:
Muse(Mercy #3) by Rebecca Lim (Thank you Brodie @Eleusinian Mysteries and HarperCollins Aus.!) 
It's a pretty & pink cover!!! And it's about ANGELS! I'll be starting this series soon, once I get hold of the first 2 books ;P

Winter's Shadow by M.J Hearle (Thank you M.J Hearle and Pan Macmillan!)
I love how the two books I won this week are both Aussie YAs :) I won this from the author's wesbite; I have to get started on this soon since the second book's coming out soon! (I think?)


This Week:

Crave by Melissa Darnell (Thank you Harlequin Teen Australia!)
I think my original copy got lost in the mail :( But Gabby was lovely & sent me another copy :D So..I've read mixed reviews about this, but Erin's review totally convinced me to read it!! Oh, and I LOVE the cover (notice it's the same as Dark Companion?)

Girl Missing & Sister Missing by Sophie Mckenzie (Thank you Simon & Schuster Australia!)
This was a nice surprise from S&S! It's about an adopted girl who goes on a journey to   unravel the mystery behind her adoption/kidnapping! I already feel like I'm going to enjoy this!!! I wonder if this is based on a true story... 

I also... got...


... an IPAD from my parents!!(THANK YOU SO MUCHH!!! <3333) I'm using this to read all my netgalley titles now since I lost my old ereader!


I also received a nice Kindle from my aunt in England. She knows I'm a huge reader, so she kindly sent me a Kindle for my birthday! (Awww <3 youu) Now I have two devices to read my ebooks~ 

What did you receive in your mailbox?

18 comments:

  1. Oh my GASP! What a fortnight!
    This has to be the most fabulous mailbox EVER.
    I SO want to read Crave! And the iPad! Awesome! Happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY IT WAS YOUR BIRTHDAY?! (or maybe you did and I didn't see, we'll just pretend you didn't) HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!! <3 As punishment for not alerting us, you are obligated to hand over either the iPad or the Kindle to me. Make haste.

    OMG UNDER THE NEVER SKY <3 <3 <3 I hope you'll love it!! And dude, Dearly, Departed is AWESOME. So excited to see what you think of those two! Also, St. Clair is mine. So, um, back the [BEEEEEEP] OFF! :P

    Oh and yay that Muse arrived! SOO many awesome book this week, happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your IMM!! So jealous of the kindle and iPad and the books!! I hope you enjoy reading them! Can't wait for your reviews! Have a blast and happy birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ow wow what awesome birthday presents! And a happy belated birthday for last week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jessica@a GREAT read7 September 2012 at 18:59

    Wow! You did awesome! 2 e-readers?! That's crazy! But cool! Glad your bday was awesome! I <3 Dearly, Departed and I really like the UK cover a lot! Hope you enjoy all your new reads!!

    My IMM will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy @ Following The Reader7 September 2012 at 18:59

    Happy birthday!! Great bunch of books this week! Under the Never Sky looks so good. I'm yet to read Anna and the French Kiss but I really want too!

    Amy @ Following The Reader

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Happy Birthday! How fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Please excuse me while I finish drooling Shirley! An ipad and a kindle! You sure are one spoil girl--think your family could adopt me? LOL. Glad you had an awesome b'day!

    You sure got a great bunch of books these past 2 weeks. Both Crave and Dearly Departed are awesome. Dearly Departed rocked my socks off. I love the US cover a little bit better too, but I love our Aussie one!
    I still need to read Anna and the French Kiss, although it's on my shelf. I'll get around to it eventually, lol.

    I also received Girl Missing and Sister Missing this week. Not sure if it's based on a particular true story, but I know that kind of thing happens a lot around the world.

    Enjoy your goodies!
    Rachel @ The Rest Is Still Unwritten

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaa, it'll be nice having a sister! LOL then I won't be so lonely anymore! Yesyes, the best bday so far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh so now we're fighting over ST. CLAIR?!?!? ASH ISN'T ENOUGH FOR YOU?!??!? FINE! BRING IT ON!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an awesome mailbox! Happy Birthday!!

    That's very cool you got an ipad and a kindle. Amazon has a lot of free books are available. Much more then B&N and apple.

    I loved Dearly, Departed and Under The Never Sky. I hope that you enjoy your new books!

    Kristina
    Ladybug Storytime

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow! That is so cool what you've got for in your mailbox & birthday gifts! You've got some amazing parents and aunt. Also the publishers who sent you those ARCs are awesome too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh Crave sounds really good! You got a great haul this week! I also <3 Anna! And a Kindle is awesome!! :D

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads

    ReplyDelete
  14. Under the Never Sky was excellent. Hope you'll enjoy it! Happy Reading!
    Em
    My IMM
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  15. Belated Happy Birthday and advance greeting for next year lol :))
    awesome book haul and presents happy reading indeed ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  16. omg Shirley what an amazing mailbox. and Happy Birthday to you dear. I loved winter's shadow. Hope you enjoy it all. x

    ♥Ficbookreviews♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Birthday! Enjoy your iPad, eReader!

    Here's my mailbox this week.
    Gratitude Giveaway (Int'l.): Winner's Choice of Book from Book Depository.

    Happy Reading!
    -JoAnne

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog :) Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section; I appreciate all comments left here!
If you have a blog, I'll be sure to visit it and comment back(I love finding new blogs so feel free to leave a link!)
Thank you & have a nice day