Shiirleyy's Bookshelf has migrated to Dear Shirley ! I will continue to post book reviews but there will also be a lot of personal and travel-related posts :)

Book Review -Glass Houses (The Morganville Vampires #1) (mini)

31 Jul 2011

Title: Glass Houses
Series: Morgansville Vampires #1
Author: Rachel Caine
Publisher: Penguin Aus
Release Date: 04/01/2011 (Aus)
Summary: Welcome to Morganville. Just don`t stay out after dark. Morganville is a small town filled with unusual characters - when the sun goes down, the bad come out. In Morganville, there is an evil that lurks in the darkest shadows - one that will spill out into the bright light of day.For Claire Danvers, high school was hell, but college may be murder. It was bad enough that she got on the wrong side of Monica, the meanest of the school's mean girls, but now she's got three new roommates, who all have secrets of their own. And the biggest secret of all isn't really a secret, except from Claire: Morganville is run by vampires and they are hungry for fresh blood . . . 
My Thoughts:
 Unfortunately, I didn't quite finish reading this book. I got around half-way and I just couldn't bear it anymore. Nothing exciting ever happened and Claire was probably the most annoying MC I've ever read about. All I remember was the different ways Monica & her clique bullied Claire and then Claire declaring that she would continue school even if it meant getting killed.  Wow. I felt the author wanted Claire to be strong and independent (for not leaving the school even though she almost died), but there is a difference between being strong and being stupid. It's a shame this wasn't my cup of tea, since I really like reading about vampires. I don't know whether I'll finish this book or not, maybe it will get better but it's unfortunate that the beginning wasn't engaging enough to capture my interest. 

Favourite Quotes: 
"Damn, Claire. Warn a guy before you do a face-plant on the floor next time. I could have looked all heroic and caught you or something" -Shane

2 comments:

  1. Eep! I found msot of this series in the city for about $4 each, so bought the first 3! I'm scared now! So sorry you didn't like this one :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a bargain!!! I didn't actually finish this since the story was literally going nowhere, but apparently the ending and the next few books are much better! I'm considering whether to continue the series since the most recent ones(11th? 12? ) are apparently amazing! Give it a go! You'll probably like it much more than me!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog :) Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section; I appreciate all comments left here!
If you have a blog, I'll be sure to visit it and comment back(I love finding new blogs so feel free to leave a link!)
Thank you & have a nice day